Exciting news – Sparx Maths!
Sparx so far – Watch Video
Stay safe, take care, hope to see you all soon
The Brune Park Mathematics Team are excited to announce that, following weeks of discussion and planning with the team at Sparx Maths, we are ready to begin making use of Sparx Maths Virtual Classroom so students can continue to receive high quality maths lessons remotely.
Sparx Maths Virtual Classroom is a quick-to-learn version of the award-winning technology which we ultimately aim to incorporate into classroom and homework in the future. Designed to be used remotely, it supports teachers in running online lessons with students answering maths problems in real time. Each student has access to explanatory video content, support and feedback.
With Sparx Maths Virtual Classroom, students can:
- Complete their classwork online through an internet-connected device.
- Receive immediate feedback as to whether their answers are correct or incorrect.
- Watch support videos for every question.
- Build online lessons using a bank of over 2,000 learning objectives.
- Monitor the progress of every student in real time.
- See whether students have joined the lesson, how each student is progressing through the lesson, and who might be struggling.
If a student gets stuck?
- Help guides and walk-through videos have been designed for common queries eg. logging on and accessing tasks.
- Support videos are provided for every question. If a student gets stuck they can use these videos to try to help themselves.
- Should students require further help, they should contact their teacher via google classroom.
We plan to launch this program with year 7 and year 8 students and we will introduce a few classes at a time so please keep using Google classroom to find out when it is your turn!
Here’s a link to a video that will help you to get started…